Friday, March 31, 2017

Sculpture Vessel in Progress and finished


To finish my piece i want to paint it with glaze. I think I want to do an ombre effect on the thread part. I think I want to make the piece either black/white or red or blue to black.
I have found carving the lid was very hard. It has many more shapes that the tools aren't very good for carving triangles. Also putting the slabs together to make the vessel was difficult for me.
My overall sculpture while it was difficult has turned out how I pictured it would. I like the texture I created to make it look like thread. It is going well so far.
So far I have needed to create slabs mostly. I have needed to scratch and score 2 slabs together to make the vessel the correct height. It has already been through the kelin once to change it from greenware to bisque ware. It needs to be glazed and put into the klein one more time before it is finished.



I glazed and re fired the piece so the glaze would set on the clay piece. I find the vessel overall successful especially with the texture around the vessel. I would have changed the top some because the indents on the top are rough and it doesn't fit completely on the bottom of the box

No comments:

Post a Comment