Friday, June 2, 2017

Art 1 Final

1. The art criticism process is a four step process. The first step is describing what you see in the piece. After that you reflect on the art piece using the elements and principles of art. The third step is to interpret. You should ask questions like what is the artist trying to say? What caused the artist to say it? Why was the work done in that particular style? The last step is to evaluate the successfulness or importantes of the art work.



2. I am going to evaluate my monochromatic painting piece. (right)
  • I am seeing someone who is holding an ice cream cone in a dark room
  • There is a variety of values used in the piece, the ice cream itself looks very realistic and 3D while the hand lacks values in certain places and looks unproportional to the ice cream cone
  • I would ask the artist why they chose the color green to do the whole piece in? Why is the background so dark compared to everything else in the piece?
  • I think the piece was somewhat successful, there was no message trying to be displayed in the work and while the ice cream cone was completed well the hand was not.





3. What are some reasons artist make art?
Artists make art as a way of expressing how they feel. Sometimes you cant explain your emotions in words but you are able to create something that explains what you are feeling. Another reason artists make art is to depict events that happen. Before cameras were invented people had to paint themselves/have themselves painted/painted the event. Basically anything someone wanted recorded was drawn or painted before cameras. 

4. Which project was your most successful? Describe the theme or topic and the process you went through to complete the project.
I think that my 2 in 1 surrealism (left) and my perspective piece (right) were the most successful. Both of these pieces I spent more time on than others and I think it payed off. I am satisfied with the end result of these projects more than others and I love the vibrant color choices.

5. What is the point of art class? What did you get out of it?
The point of art class for me is to find a place where you can express yourself. Its a place that is relaxed and where you can unwind from the stress that other classes and life in general cause. I
learned more about myself through the class by being able to express myself freely in my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment